Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Noemie - CS #23

Today we walked around the 3rd and 4th arrondissement looking at cute little shops. My favorite was shop called Olivier & Co (which I later found out is not just in Paris). They sell delicious olive oils, vinegars, tapenades, seasoning salts, etc. They had yummy samples out and I almost bought the whole store. Because of this, I left without buying anything so that I could think about what I really wanted (to carry home). They started speaking English to me and I responded by saying that I understood (in French). Surprised, the sales woman was like, "Oh, you speak French?!" and I was like, "yes." And she said, "Sorry, I thought I heard some English," and I was like, "Well, yes, there is that, too..." And she spoke in French to me from then on. As I was leaving I asked for a business card so I could find the place again. She didn't have any but gave me their beautiful catalog for free instead and told me it was a little present. So cute.

We went to the Centre Pompidou because I love that building, and I tried to show Laura the awesome fountain outside of it but it was EMPTY! Very upset by this. The water was completely drained :(

We got lunch at a great little cafe on a busy street and sat outside eating freshly toasted Croque Monsieurs (now that's the only way I'll eat them).

Then we went back to meandering through shops and Laura ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes! Very proud of her. I was quite tempted but the shoes I liked all had tiny little things wrong with them which would have driven me crazy, so I resisted my consumerist urges. Instead I just bought a little tarte.

We went back to Noemie's place and got ready to go to the Moulin Rouge!!!! Finally - I've been here so many times and I always say, "Yeah, I want to do that." Well, this time it's happening! I actually felt like a girl and wore my dress and put on a little bit of make up and that was lots of fun. We went with Noemie and a couple of friends for a glass of wine first and then headed to the show.

The costumes were AMAZING, the singing was pretty good, and the dancing was only mediocre. You can't take pictures in there but it was a really gorgeous setting. A very fun night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment