Thursday, June 17, 2010

Walking

Today we did the free city walking tour of Paris, which sadly paled in comparison to Stephanie's Berlin tour and failed to live up to Keith's Prague tour. A bit of a bummer, but we got some good walking and sight seeing in. I can't put my finger exactly on what I didn't like, and when I try it just ends up being a nitpicky list of negative things, so I'll spare you. But it was just missing something.

After the tour, we sat on a bench for a while waiting for the rain to stop, then walked up the Champs Elysees, stopping at fun stores like the Citroen store and the Louis Vuitton store. People were throwing money around like crazy in the LV store. It was so busy. I definitely felt like a slob just walking in. We continued up the Champs Elysees until we got to the Arc de Triomphe. That seen, we were walking away when a funeral procession started. I don't know who passed away, but there was lots of music and flags and official looking people parading down the street.

Then we went and found a bar in the St. Germain area to watch the France/Mexico game. I got a nice dinner finally which steak with a Roquefort sauce, salad, and red wine. It was very satisfying. We spent a long time in this bar eating slowly and waiting for the game to start. France played like poop so it wasn't that exciting. They lost after an awful game and some embarrassing mistakes and we headed back to Noemie's flat.

Once back, I got into a long conversation with Noemie about the importance of accurate CS references. I think mine have been accurate, but they've also been very nice and sometimes maybe too euphemistic. I think from now on I am going to try to be a little bit more...strict? Harsh? Honest? with my references. Not sure of the best word. I am worried of sounding ungrateful or rude when things don't go fantastically, but we have also had a couple weird experiences that I have not warned, per say, other surfers of. Anyway, my mind seems open to inspiration lately and I think I'm going to start being better about those.

No comments:

Post a Comment